GPSC Complete Study Notes 2018
Gujarat Public Service Commission has released official notification for recruitment to various posts. Candidates interested should go through official notification properly, which has been released at ojas.gujarat.gov.in. Candidates will then be eligible to apply for the posts, only if they satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the Commission. The Commission has announced more than 400 vacancies in various departments.
If you want comprehensive curriculum based study material, then "Develop India Group" will meet your needs in one place. We will also provide guidance for strategic preparation for the success in competitive exams. We have prepare the study materials by the analyzing the pattern of the last five years papers. So that we could include issues all important issues in the preparing of the study material. After analyzing the success of the past few years, we can say that Develop India Group is a top-tier institution, where 70-80 percent of questions are being asked by our study material. This is a major breakthrough for us and you can take edge over other competitors by the studying of Develop India Group study notes.
यदि आप व्यापक पाठ्यक्रम आधारित सम्पूर्ण अध्ययन सामाग्री चाहते हैं, तो डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप एक ही स्थान पर आपकी आवश्यकताओं को पूरा करेगा। हम आपको प्रतियोगी परीक्षा में सफलता के लिए रणनीतिक तैयारी हेतु मार्गदर्शन भी प्रदान करेंगे। हम पिछले पांच वर्षों के प्रश्नपत्रों के पैटर्न का विश्लेषण करके पूरी अध्ययन सामाग्री को तैयार करते हैं। ताकि अध्ययन सामाग्री के निर्माण में हम सभी महत्त्वपूर्ण मुद्दों को शामिल कर सकें। पिछले कुछ साल की सफलता के विश्लेषण करने के बाद, हम यह कह सकते हैं कि डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप एक शीर्ष स्तरीय संस्थान है, जहां 70-80 प्रतिशत सवाल हमारी अध्ययन सामाग्री से पूछे जा रहे हैं। यह हमारे लिए बड़ी सफलता है और आप डेवलप इंडिया ग्रुप की व्यापक अध्ययन सामाग्री का अध्ययन कर के अन्य प्रतियोगियों पर बढ़त हासिल सकते हैं।
Why should read Develop India Group Study Material?
डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप अध्ययन सामग्री को क्यों पढ़ना चाहिए?
1. Develop India Group (DIG) is India’s largest complete study materials provider website. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) भारत की सबसे बड़ी अध्ययन सामग्री प्रदाता वेबसाइट है।)
2. Develop India Group (DIG) prepared their study materials in the guidance of highly qualified and experience mentoring specialist. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) ने सुयोग्य और अनुभवी सलाह विशेषज्ञों के मार्गदर्शन में अपनी अध्ययन सामग्री तैयार की है।)
3. Develop India Group (DIG) study materials have been prepared strictly according to revised syllabus. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) अध्ययन सामग्री पूर्णतया संशोधित पाठ्यक्रम के अनुसार तैयार की गई है।)
4. Only aim behind preparing these study materials is to provide study material to those students, who are unable to attend coaching classes in mega cities. (इन अध्ययन सामग्रियों को तैयार करने का उद्देश्य केवल उन छात्रों को अध्ययन सामग्री प्रदान करना है, जो महानगरों में कोचिंग क्लासेस में भाग लेने में असमर्थ हैं।)
5. All kind of facts & data in this material have been collected from authentic sources. (इस सामग्री में सभी प्रकार के तथ्यों और डेटा को प्रामाणिक स्रोतों से एकत्र किया गया है।)
6. All kind of data is updated in quarterly in our study notes. (हमारी अध्ययन सामग्रियों में सभी प्रकार के आंकङों को तिमाही में अपडेट किया जाता है।)
7. Develop India Group (DIG) study materials have been prepared in simple language so that student can memorize easily and better understand. (डेवेलप इंडिया ग्रुप (DIG) अध्ययन सामग्री सरल भाषा में तैयार की गई है ताकि छात्र आसानी से और बेहतर ढंग से समझ सके।)
8. Complete syllabus of preliminary and main exam has been covered in this study material. (प्रारंभिक और मुख्य परीक्षा का पूरा पाठ्यक्रम इस अध्ययन सामग्री में शामिल किया गया है।)
9. All important and relevant points have been highlighted in bold, underline and italic ways. (बोल्ड, रेखांकन और इटैलिक तरीके से सभी महत्वपूर्ण और प्रासंगिक बिंदुओं को हाइलाइट किया गया है।)
10. We have prepared our study materials with trained, talented, experienced team for each subject. They are supported by subject experts. (हमने प्रत्येक विषय के लिए प्रशिक्षित, प्रतिभाशाली, अनुभवी टीम के साथ और विषय विशेषज्ञों के मार्गदर्शन में अध्ययन सामग्री तैयार की है।)
11. Once you will read these study materials, you will surely find 70 to 80 % questions in next coming examination. (एक बार जब आप ये अध्ययन सामग्री पढ़ लेंगे, तो आपको निश्चित रूप से आने वाली परीक्षा में 70 से 80% प्रश्न मिलेंगें।)
12. So BUY TODAY and secure your future. (इसलिए आज ही खरीदें और अपना भविष्य सुरक्षित करें.)
Price : Combo Pack : 6500/-
For see sample click on the cover given below :
Candidates can submit their applications through the online portal of the Commission on or before 31 March 2017 (13.00 p.m).
Vacancy Details of Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2017
Inspector of Registration: 5 Posts Class-II (Special Drive), in the General State Service, under the Inspector General of Registration
Deputy Director (IT): 10 posts Class-I under the Science & Technology department
Gujarat Administrative Service, Class-I & Gujarat Civil Service, Class- I & II: 335 posts
Private Secretaries (English Stenographers, Grade-I): 2 posts Class-II in the State Secretariat Service
Clinical Psychologist: 20 posts General State Service, Class-II
District Youth Development Officer: 22 posts, Class-2, in the Gujarat State, General State Service
Scientific Officer (Chemistry): 13 posts Class-II, in General State Service under the Directorate of Forensic Science, Home Department
Industries Officer:7 posts, Class-II, in the Gujarat Industries And Mines Department
Industries Officer (Technical) and Manager (Raw Materials): 4 posts, Class-II, in the Industries And Mines Department
Assistant Research Officer: 5 posts, Class-II, in the General State Service, under Narmada, Water Resources, Water Supply and Kalpasar department
GPSC Preliminary Examination Syllabus
PAPER – I : English
Total Marks: 75 Duration: 45 Minutes
I. Grammar and Usage
• Article, pronoun, adjective, preposition, conjunction and questions tag
• Verb and tense; agreement between subject and verb; gerund, participle
• Modal auxiliaries; usage of can, may, could, should, etc.
• Use of some, many, any, few, a little, since and for
• Active and passive voice
• Degrees of adjectives
• Common errors of usage
Candidate’s proficiency will be tested by questions on detection of errors in usage, or selection of
grammatically correct sentence from a set of four alternative constructions or similar design considered
II. Verbal Skills and Word Power
• Idioms and common phrases
• Homonyms, synonyms and antonyms, commonly confused words
Candidate’s skill set may be tested by direct questions on synonyms and antonyms or bye the task of
completing one or more sentences where some words may be omitted by design. Word analogies may
also be used to test skill in the area.
Reading Comprehension of Standard English passages of general interest is tested by means of main idea,
factual, exceptions, assumption, inference and further application questions – just to mention some familiar types.
The candidate may be asked to contrast and compare statements of different positions on the same subject.
The candidate may be asked to reassemble small passages from given sentences in a jumbled sequence.
SUBJECT CODE: 02 (Preliminary Examination)
PAPER - II : Reasoning (Mainly Non-Quantitative) (ENGLISH MEDIUM)
Total Marks: 75 MARKS Duration: 45 Minutes
1 Pictorial Reasoning – Mirror and Water Images, Selection of Figures, Analogy Questions.
2 Geometric Perception – Counting Of Figures, Folding Of Papers, Interpretation of Non – Quantitative
Charts, Interpretation of Slope, Cube Cutting etc.
3 Coding & Decoding
4 Introduction to Logic - Assumptions, Premises and Conclusions
5 Venn Diagram & Syllogism Problems – Rules of Syllogism , Concept of Contradiction
6 Truth Table – Interpretation of Condition and Conjunctions etc.
7 Degree of Truth & Courses of Action
8 Games Involving Selection of Group, Sitting Arrangement, Scheduling Etc.
9 Attribute Search Problems
10 Magnitude Comparison Of More Than Two Entities
11 Direction Problems
12 Family Related Problems Critical Reasoning
13 Cause And Effect As Foundation Of Critical Reasoning
14 Fallacies: Avoiding Invalid Arguments
15 Solving Critical Reasoning Questions Logical Decision Making
16 Decision Making Under Specific Conditions
17 Decision Making In Government Services
18 Decision Making For Good Governance
PAPER–II: Quantitative Ability (ENGLISH MEDIUM)
Total Marks: 75 MARKS Duration: 45 Minutes
1. Number system – different types of numbers, tests of divisibility, unit digit in product, remainders
2. Square, square root and cube
3. Prime numbers, factorization and HCF & LCM
4. Decimal fraction
5. Ratio, proportion and variation
6. Rule of three & chain rule
8. Percentage – problems involving product of variables
9. Introduction to algebra – BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols
10. Linear equations – in one and two variables
11. Problems on ages
12. Average of mean, median, mode – including weighted mean
13. Introduction to Cartesian co – ordinates – distance between points, section formula, area in
14. Power and exponent – formulae involving squares and cubes of binomial expressions,
factorisation, reciprocals in binomial expressions, surds, rationalization of surds, comparison of surds
15. Profit and loss – margin of profit, successive discounts, gains from using false weights and measures
16. Mixture and Alligation – compound mixture, repeated adulteration
17. Simple and compound interest – effective interest rate, equated instalments
18. Time and work – work and wages, pipes and cistern
19. Time and distance – relatives speed, problems on trains, boats and streams
20. Set theory - counting principle
21. Counting, permutation & combination – permutation with repetition, basic formulae of
permutation and combination
22. Probability theory – complementary events, independent events, addition principle, geometric probability
23. Inequalities – application to finding minimum and maximum value of sum and product of up to three
24. Quadratic equation – properties of roots, factorization method to solve equations
25. Sequences and progressions – arithmetic progression, sums of n terms of an AP in general,
geometrical progression, sum of n term of a GP , sum of infinite GP, sum of mixed AP and GP
26. Lines, angels and common geometrical figures – properties of transverse of parallel lines,
properties of related to measure of sides of a triangles, Pythagoras theorem, quadrilateral, rectangle,
parallelogram, and rhombus
28. Area and perimeter – of rectangles, triangles, circles etc.
29. Volume and surface area – of cuboids, cubes, cylinder, cone, and sphere
30. Quantitative comparison – algebraic and geometrical included
34. Number series – including application in matrix and simple geometric forms
35. Speed – math for data interpretation
36. Data interpretation – tables, pie charts, bar charts, line chart etc.
37. Data sufficiency
PAPER – III: GENERAL STUDIES (ENGLISH MEDIUM)
Standard - Degree level Total marks – 200
Nature of Paper Objective Type Duration – 120 minutes
1. Geography of Gujarat : Geographical, Economic, Social and Industrial
2. The Government policies, welfare schemes and the problems and issues related to the following matters :
(A) Child Development
(B) Women Development
(C) Youth Development
(D) Tribal Development
(E) Development for Socially Deprived Classes
(F) Welfare for disabled persons
(G) Welfare for aged persons
(H) Labour welfare
3. Education system in Gujarat : State policy, Educational problems of Weaker Section of the Society
and Women, Privatization of Education – issue of access to education, merit, quality and Social Justice.
The institutions of Higher Education, the challenges of Higher Education, Serva Siksha Abhiyan, the role
and importance of the Mid-Day Meal Scheme.
4. Human Resource Development
4.1 Human Resource Development in India – present status of population in India - quantitative aspect
(size and growth – Sex, Age, Urban and Rural) and qualitative aspects (Education and Healthcare).
Population policy and projection up to 2050. Importance and need of Human resource planning in modern society.
Components and factors involved in planning of Human resources. Nature, types & problems of
unemployment in India, Trends of Employment in India, Demand estimate of skilled manpower in
different Sectors and Areas.
Governmental and Voluntary institution engaged in development of manpower.
Govt. employment policy, various schemes to reduce unemployment and underemployment.
4.2 Education: Education as a tool of HR development and social change. Education (Pre-primary to
Higher Education) systems in India. Problems and issues (universalization of education, vocationalisation
of education, Quality improvement, Dropout rate etc.) Education for girls, Socially and Economically
underprivileged classes, disabled, Minorities, Talent Search etc. Govt. policies, Schemes and programs for
Education. Govt. and Voluntary Agencies involved in promoting, regulating and monitoring Formal, Non –
Formal and Adult education, e-learning. Impact of globalization and privatization on Indian education.
Commission, National Commission for Higher Education and Research, IITs, IIMs, NITs.
4.3 Vocational Education: As a tool of HR development. Vocational / Technical Education - Present status,
systems and training in India. Govt. policies, schemes and programmes – Problems, issues and efforts
to overcome them. Institutes involved in promoting, regulating, accrediting vocational and Technical Education.
4.4 Health : As an essential and major component of Human Resource Development, Vital Statistics,
World Health Organization – objectives , structures, functions and its programmes. Government Health
Policies, schemes and programmes.
Healthcare system in India. Problems and issues related to Healthcare and efforts to overcome them.
Janani – Bal Suraksha yojna. National Rural Health Mission.
5. The Constitution of India
(2) Fundamental Rights and Duties
(3) Directive Principles of State Policy
(4) Judiciary Systems
(5) Central - State Relations
(6) Distribution of Legislative Powers
(7) The appointment and power of the Governor
(8) Union list, State list and concurrent list
(9) Constitutional Committees
(10) Union – President, Vice President, Council of Ministers , Attorney General of India, Management of
6. Disaster Management
Definition, nature, types and Classification of disasters, Natural Hazards: Casuative factors and mitigation
measures – floods, earthquakes, tsunami, landslides etc. Factors affecting mitigation measures.
7 Development and Environmental issues and mitigation measures
(1) General provisions of – (A) Conservation of Environment, Environment Protection Act, Air (prevention
and control of pollution) Act, Water (prevention and control of pollution) Act, Water Pollution, Forest Conservation Act.
(2) Definition of Eco- System and biodiversity - Ecology, the basic Concept of Ecology, Food chains in
(3) Environment Pollution – causes, effects and mitigation measures of – Air Pollution, Water Pollution,
Soil Pollution, Marine Pollution, Noise Pollution, Thermal Pollution and Nuclear Pollution. The disposal
of dirty water.
(4) Role of Information Technology in Environment and human health.
(5) Global environment- Such as climate change, acid rain, Global Warming, Watershed Management.
Rejuvenate of waste land to fertile land.
8 Important – National and International events
9 Sports and Games: Country, player, the rules of games. Planning, Awards, International Sports
Festivals or different tournament / competitions. Record / Achievement of games, Recent Results
and the position of Gujarat in this regards.
10 The important events before and after the independence of India.
11 General science - day to day experience and observation of science for which a person has not
studied any specific study of any branch of science.
12 Current events.
What we will provide you in the study notes?
1. Comprehensive study notes will cover entire topics mentioned in the Syllabus.
2. Study notes for prelims exam will be based in “to the point format” and for main exam in the “descriptive format”.
3. Study notes will divide in many volumes.
4. Latest updated issue of economy also provide you.
5. For practice Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will added in the last of each subject.
6. Each important point will be bold, italic and underline in the entire contents. It will be help to you in reading.
7. We will also provide you the gist of current affairs.
8. Practice Papers test series will also available.
9. For any kind of guidance and support from our experts, you can call us.
What kind of strategy needs for final selection?
Everyone asks oneself how we can become a civil servant. How to go about preparation? It is depends on how much time you have at your disposal. But lake of right direction we are unable to find wanted success in the competitive exam. In our view, for civil services exam needs at least 10 months of decent preparation. Actually time frame is not working same with each competitors, it is depends on the calibre of hard labour of study and gaining/memorise of the facts.
“Go through right direction, you shall find success”
“The blind study is very harmful for your career. It will neither help you in the prelims nor mains exam."
1. We can clear civil service exam in the first attempt, with positive mindset and a right strategy.
2. You need to know about the essential books and study materials/notes to crack the exams.
3. Before planning of preparation you should solving past 10 years question papers.
4. Go through the subject study with emphasis according to syllabus mentioned by the commission.
5. At least 4 months before prelims exam just start reading facts based study notes.
6. One month before appearing in the prelims exam test yourself through mock test papers.
7. Follow any two newspapers editorials regularly.
8. Read at least 3 competitive exams monthly magazines.
9. Listening radio and news channels daily.
10. Simultaneously start reading NCERTs from class 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th class.
11. For economic data must read Economic Survey, Special issues on Economy and PRS
12. Once you have gained decent enough knowledge, should start writing answers for main exam.
13. Basically you should give more attention on writing skill.
Complete Study Notes for GPSC Prelims Exam available @ 3000/-
Study Notes available for GPSC Main Exam available @ 4000/-
(Subscribe Package Pay through Online)
Payment Options are: BHIM app | UPI app | Net Banking | ATM to ATM Transfer
- ICICI BANK
- A/C No. : 157105500244 (Current)
- IFSC : ICIC0001571
- Branch : Kareli, Allahabad
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- UBI BANK
- A/C No. : 1001010097578 (Saving)
- IFSC : UTBI0ALU539
- Branch : Allahpur, Allahabad
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput
- Bank of Baroda
- A/C No. : 22750100006086 (Saving)
- IFSC : BARB0INDHAU
- Branch : Hauzkhas, New Delhi
- Beneficiary : Dheer Singh Rajput