अद्यतन सामयिक घटनाओं को नियमित रूप से पढ़ें (Read updated Current affairs regularly)
Read updated Current Affairs (अद्यतन सामयिकी)| Develop India GroupRelevant & Updated Current Affairs (अद्यतन सामयिकी)
We are uploading relevant current affairs regularly in Hindi and english language.
If you want to read online current affairs in Hindi (Click here)
If you want to read online current affairs in English (Click here)
On 5th of August 2019, the President of India promulgated the Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 2019. Article 370 of the Indian Constitution has not been revoked. Rather, the President of India has made modifications to it, which is allowed by certain provisions in the article itself. On August 5, Union Home Minister Amit Shah announced in the Rajya Sabha that the Government had scrapped the special status granted to the state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) by modifying Article 370 of the Constitution. (The same day, the Rajya Sabha also passed the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill, which proposes the bifurcation of the state into two union territories-Ladakh and Jammu-Kashmir.)
1. The order effectively abrogates the special status accorded to Jammu and Kashmir under the provision of Article 370 - whereby provisions of the Constitution which were applicable to other states were not applicable to Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
2. According to the Order, provisions of the Indian Constitution are now applicable in the State.
3. This Order comes into force “at once”, and shall “supersede the Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 1954.
4. A separate Bill - the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill 2019 - was introduced to bifurcate the State into two separate union territories of Jammu and Kashmir (with legislature), and Ladakh (without legislature).
5. Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 was also introduced to extend the reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in educational institutions and government jobs in Jammu and Kashmir.